Shabby chic is one of my favourite party themes and thanks to Pinterest, it has grown in popularity especially for weddings and bridal showers. Below are the best ways to describe the theme and some ideas of how you can achieve this look.
– The theme requires items that are worn and antique looking.
– You can apply the distress technique by painting items such as furniture and sanding away the top coat to show the wood or base coats.
– Elaborate furniture appliques depicting floral designs and cherubs are commonly used.
– Types of fabrics to achieve this look, tend to be cotton and linens. Fabrics can be stained with tea, faded or bleached to give it that vintage appearance.
– Colours are white, soft pastels and neutral colours such as sky blue, pale pink, soft green and beige hues.
– French style interior designs are often imitated
– It is best described as a very romantic, feminine and intimate style of decor.
– Other popular decor items can include vintage pillows, crystal chandeliers, burlap, pearl details, tea sets, lace items,vintage trunks, simple vases with flowers such as roses and peonies and birdcages.