Since we are in the business of gifts we thought it would be a great idea to write posts on wedding anniversary gift ideas. Not just any gift ideas but the traditional kind. With each passing anniversary, the couple give each other gifts marking each year of wedded bliss. Each year is represented by a different symbol and for those that want to give traditional gifts; they base these gifts on these symbols. For example the 1st wedding anniversary is represented by paper, the second by cotton, 10th is tin and the 50th is gold.
We are going to do a series of these blogs for each wedding anniversary. Let’s start with paper.
There are so many ideas to choose from that incorporate paper.
- Books by your spouse’s favourite author
- Magazine subscriptions to their favourite magazine
- Adult board game
- Plane tickets to a destination that you know they would love
- Make a personalised calendar. You can even go ahead and mark it with all the important dates
- Personalised artwork like a photo of your wedding day with lyrics from your wedding dance song or wedding dates.
- Personalised writing stationery – monogrammed writing stationery or journals are always a hit
- Photo album filled with memories of your 1st year as husband and wife
- Gift voucher to his favourite store
- Tickets to his favourite band, comedian or sporting event
Please feel free to comment on what great gift ideas you would give.